There are some things to keep in mind when choosing a color scheme for your home. We’re talking brick, wood, shutters, door, AND roof. We’ve compiled a list of the major dos and don’ts to get you started:
- Pay Attention to neighboring houses and determine what you do and don’t like from their schemes. Also, it’s important not to clash with them. Neighbors may come and go, but their houses stay.
- Consider landscaping and its colors as well. Will you be planting brightly colored flowers? If so, it might be better to use subtle colors on the home and roof. It’s hard to go wrong with a neutral.
- Look at samples at different times of day to see how it will look in various light forms. Most people do this for their interior walls, and forget that the exterior will also be seen in different lighting.
- Paint unattractive features bright colors (gutters, air conditioning units, etc.). Nothing against lavender, pink, or yellow, but we’re thinking those colors should be saved for a decorative pillow.
- Don’t select too many colors, as it will become too busy. Your house and roof are the first things people see when they welcome you to the neighborhood. It’s your calling card! You don’t want it to say “ I couldn’t decide on a color, so I chose them all.”
Ask about our color options for your roof at 501.812.5164